Sunday 10 March 2013

Possible design for the environment the characters would see in bar.

I thought i would have an attempt at designing the part of the bar where the wolf and owl start off at the beginning of the animation. I used visuals from different moodboard on the blog and my own research. Im hoping we can take bits from this drawing. I havent coloured it cause i wanted to see what we all thought. THIS IS WHAT THE CHARACTERS WOULD see. Table design to be uploaded tomorrow morning.



Felim: I like the posters Caylee, but I don’t think it looks dingy enough. Personally I think it looks a bit too neat and tidy. I wasn’t sure about the spotlights and the hanging bottles so I did a little bit of research and apparently bars didn’t start hanging bottles until 1963, which is when it was made illegal for bars to give customers short measurements of their drink.
I was thinking maybe we could have some lamps instead of fixed lighting, and bottles on shelves? I did a quick sketch to show you what I was thinking that I’ll post now on the blog.

Me: Being an illegal betting den they would probably be selling alcohol illegally anyway – i doubt this bar would even have a licence lol. Remus has fixed lighting sources on the ceiling of the initial designs and that is what i based the design on; the geographical content of remus birds eye plot. I do like how your design is much more cluttered, i drew mine in a very clinical way to make it easy for Remus/ anyone to see exactly what i have put in there and then recreate it or parts of it in the animation style. Thats a shame about the hanging bottles.. However, as much as it is good to be politically correct with creating the visuals, you have to remember, we are animating a talking wolf and mule betting with a owl – its not realism

Remus: We’ll discuss it tomorrow guys. Both of you guys have some great ideas for the bar background and we’ll be able to take elements from both for the final design.

Felim: Haha yeah I know, just wanted to give you an opinion on your design.And I know that having hanging bottles in the 30s-40s is not as bad as having a plasma TV. I thought I’d better mention it so at least we know what we’re doing.

Remus: Yeah, you have a point about the hanging bottles. I think if we added that to one of the sides of the little bar space it wouldn’t be that noticeable and no one would really question it. The bar space is shown in the background of 3-4 short scenes, so it wouldn’t matter too much what design we choose as long as it’s consistent with the aesthetic of the rest of the bar. I like the idea of having a brick wall (makes it look dodgy) and the posters as well as having shelves for the bottles (without the shelves it wouldn’t really look like a proper bar)

No comments:

Post a Comment