Thursday 28 February 2013

Sound Booth


I thought i would post this information as evidence for our hand in, and also for everyone to read.
I booked a sound booth on tuesday morning for us to use Friday 1st March 9.30am-1.30pm. I also book hand held recording devices to use. However, later wednesday evening i recieved  phone call from the hire department saying that a group of Film Production students needed the sound booth desperately and if there was any way of us moving. I replied no, due to voice artists we have booked and other preparation we have put in place to get the ball rolling. However, the hire department said we had no choice and we have to move. There fore we have lost the sound booth (which i feel is very unfair, i thought the whole point in booking things in advance mean that you are guaranteed what you need… obviously not). I am going to go and speak to the hire department to see what room they have moved us to.
We have a hand held recording device which i am concerned about for the voice over as it is difficult to know when and how to record. For instance, once you have recorded something it is hard to then rewind and listen back to it to see if it is what you were looking for and to a high quality.
I have spoke to Remus and George and unfortunately due to personal reasons i can not attend the beginning hear of the sound recording how ever i should be able to get in at 1pm for the last half hour. I will be sending proof for my absence to Remus later.

No comments:

Post a Comment