Thursday 14 February 2013

Inspiration for Protagonist

These are NOT my photographs - i have used these photographs as imagery to use for my character idea.
I found these image on google, some photographers i have emailed for their permission and others i was not able to find any contact information. However, these photographs are on my blog for education use only and are not in any way my personal work.

The protagonist has to be understated, and shy. A great way to do this is to do this through its design. I was thinking initially to look at caterpillars with dull colouring, longer and slimmer in appearance. Maybe a bit of individuality to make it different, but mainly browns and blacks. The design can not be too detailed as it this will be the main character. It needs to be simple so if my idea gets picked then it will 

  1. be easier to everyone to draw and animate
  2. more concentration can go into the acting of the character rather then the design
  3. less complication for morphing and changing in size.
  4. quick and easy production.
The acting of the character has to be spot on. With out great acting, this project will not work. Which is why i have not come up with the identity of the character unless my idea gets picked. This will then allow mean my team to come up with the mannerism, how the character will move and react to situations etc. My thought is that the group will feel more attached to the character, and feel more able to act out and draw everything accurately. It will also help everyone bond, creating a group moral. I want this to feel like a group project and not my project that everyone is helping me do!

No comments:

Post a Comment