Tuesday 5 February 2013

Idea tutorials

Today we had two tutorials today where we discuss ideas that we have come up with until now. I'm really looking forward listening to and pulling apart all of our ideas to come up with something a little more feasable. It will also be good to get a insight into what other people are thinking of doing as their proposals.

My ideas at the moment are:


  • Fear - a young protagonist either a boy or girl becoming scared of a cupboard at the end of the room, or a creaking noise from outside the bedroom door. I want to concentrate on visual language, and using body language and expression to create the story. I do not want any speech, maybe some whining noises, or chattering teeth. I have been inspired by the short animation film 'Sand Man' by Paul Berry et all.

  • Memory - portraying how someone feels when they have lost something precious to them. This could be a pet, a family member, an important object. I recently lost my dog and believe i could make something honest. It could start with almost a photo montage of  how the protagonist and the pet first got aquatinted - and then have show the two characters growning up together with certain memories, e.g. dressing up, playing fetch, having a cuddle. This will be the first 15 seconds, it will build an emotional attachment between the audience, the protagonist and the dog.  the last 45 seconds will show how the the protagonist deals with the loss. Inspired by a sequence in the Pixar Animation 'UP'.

  • Memory/ A moment in time - my last idea is based on the old folks tale of the Ugly Duckling. I know, and i am sure many other students have struggled to fit in once in our lives, whether it be the colour of your skin, your beliefs, hair colour, mainly the way you look. As you get older you learn to accept yourself and realise that you should not change for anyone. I want my character to feel out of place but then learn to accept himself and become better. My idea is to use caterpillars. I will have two bright, colourful, flamboyant caterpillars that will act as the ugly sisters and then the main protagonist which will be a small plain coloured thin caterpillar.

No comments:

Post a Comment