Saturday 8 December 2012

Story boarding.


Story Boarding:

I have decided that my character walk cycle will probably be around 20 seconds long. So at a 25fsp rate I will need to aim for 500 frames. I have started sorting out the story board idea, and I have been trying to imagine it and act it in my head so I get a realistic time frame, as when I did the last walk cycle, the timing was off and the same with the speaking task, the characters eyes were all over the place.

I have decided it would be a good idea to do two storyboards, one for the man, and one for the cat, as both characters will be of equal importance in the animation. I will start by writing out the cat’s story and break it down into seconds. :

Insert story board below:

I am really looking forward to start to animate the cat because I love hand drawing animal movement; it’s probably harder to capture then a human. You have to get into the frame of mind of a cat to try and get something realistic. I will have to start looking at the way that cats move their legs and how their shoulder blades move in comparison to their torso.

Also it was asked that we introduce the technique we learnt when we were doing the flag cycle, I was thinking I could easily to that with the cats tail as any cat waves its tail in a rather elegant way.

After deliberation, I have decided that I was making too much work for myself with the short amount of time we have to create the animation. I have decided instead I am going to animate the cat staring up at its owner (Nigel).

The cat will:
·      Stare up at owner for 2 seconds (50 frames)
·      Meow and looks up at owner 3 seconds (75 frames)
·      Sits staring at owner for 4 seconds. (100 frames)
·      Meow’s again for 2 seconds (50 frames)
·      Looks up at owner for 3 seconds (75 frames)
·      Meow’s really loud and starts needing the floor with paws for 5 seconds (125 frames)
·      Stares at owner and turns around with sticks its bottom in the air towards the audience for the rest of the film – almost in a sulk. 






No comments:

Post a Comment