Tuesday 2 October 2012

First ball bounce.

This is the ball bounce that i made. I coloured the ball brown because when i put it onto dragon with it being a line drawing, the whole screen was yellow and you could not see any animation. I had to switch the lights off and and then take the sequence again to make it watchable. I still need to neaten the animation up and sort out the rough edges but on the whole i am really pleased with the out come. it is the first ball bounce i have made so i was not sure what to expect. I have completed the task that was given, i have made my ball bounce, i have put it through at all of the settings that was asked of me. From studying my ball bounce i think that is maybe too quick. It would benefit from me taking double images on some of the frames, especially to the left of the top of each ball bounce. It is quite a energetic ball bounce, it stops too early so i need to add more frames at the end of the sequence to make to look smoother. Think that  i need to redraw my ball bounce and create a smaller ball bounce where the bounce takes up half the page and then the rest of the roll takes up the rest of the page and stops smoothly.

The benefit of starting all over again now is that i have the actual ball bounce sequence, i just need to make it on a smaller scale, even if i had to start it all over again i would feel much more confident with the timings etc. I am planning on getting all of the drawing of the new ball bounce done tomorrow on my self manage study day so i can come in on Thursday and hopefully finish it!

Tonight i will be a making the diagrams for the new ball bounce and then drawing it out tomorrow. If i get on well i will also experiment with making a heavy ball bounce for a snooker ball or something simular.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great start Caylee. The animation has lots of character, and your appraisal of its short-comings are fair - it is a little on the fast side - I think we discussed this in the studio, and you are right that it comes to a halt too rapidly.
    All of your evaluations are spot on, and I hope that you are finding that the analysis of weight and timing are helping you to shape your animation. Keep up this good work - and lets see the alternate (and hopefully improving) versions as you shoot them. Try getting them on to Vimeo if you can - it maybe that Vimeo cant see the file as it is too small. In that case loop the clip a few times in Premier or FCP (or similar editing program) to up the file size.

    ReplyDelete