Thursday 15 November 2012

Importing onto Dragon Software and Exporting

I had a few minor problems when capturing my images on dragon software e.g. light bulbs blew, computers overheated, the lighting we blue and other problems which are easily solved. I managed to get the frames onto dragon and exported it to a quick time movie with all the normal settings.

However, when i played back the film i was not happy with the outcome. I have over animated the eyes to an extent that the character is looking around the room constantly, the eyes look like a yo-yo constantly looking around squinting, blinking, frowning. I made the rocky error of not going back to my notes and looking at how i designed the characters movements and where. The most frustrating thing is that i had done the work, I just got so into the drawing i forgot to refer back to my notes.

Here is the original animation:

Lip Synch - no sound. Origional.


Due to the frantic movement of the eyes, i really could to have it as my final project so i decided that i would use After effects to make some masks and slow down the eyes to try and improve the animation. However after doing that the eyes did not then have a strong relationship with what the character was saying so again it looks disjointed. Here is the basic masked animation:

IMPORT MASKED FILM FROM VIMEO.

Again, it needs tidying up and due to the weak relation between the eye expression and the rest of the animation i will need to draw the eyes again as i am really not happy with it. Also i think i will make the eyes slightly mobile across the face as the eyes stay at a fixed point for the whole animation. After speaking to my lecturer we decided that i should tidy up the animation with the masks (which i will upload at a later date) and then re draw the eyes in the Christmas break so i do not get behind on the walk cycle.


No comments:

Post a Comment